Wednesday, June 23, 2010

06-23-10: I met with John my Personal Trainer this morning. I have to admit I arrived at the Wellness Center feeling really tired and my butt was dragging big time. I pushed myself to do the recommended cardio and weight training routine that has been established. I was pleased that we were able to bump some of the exercised ups along with some weights.

Not sure if this is a result of trying to be more active, but I cut the grass last night without having to take breaks to catch my breath and stretch my lower back. I felt manly!!!! To celebrate my son Glenn and I took my 74 Plymouth Cuda out for a drive. That was enjoyable. An old fat guy in a 70's muscle car driving up and down Orem State Street feeling like a kid again.

I've been working hard to control the portions and types of food I've been eating. Yesterday was really tough. I had a bad case of the "hungries" all day but I maintained. I particularly enjoy the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies last night.

3 comments:

  1. My fiancee keeps trying to get me to do what you are doing (be more active, eat less crap). I don't have willpower like you do, but I'm young... it doesn't matter for me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dad, I am SO proud of you! Reading about your blog makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I just love you and I can't tell you how excited I am for you for taking on this challenge. I truely hope you stick with it. You have inspired me. Besides that, we want you around for a LONG time. You are so much stronger then you think and I am happy for you and the little successes you notice each day. Keep it up. You have a support group behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Entrys,

    Yes I think it does matter to you at your age now. I know now that if I had taken care of myself in my younger years, I most likely would not be dealing with some of the health issues I have now. Trust me on this one, no fun at all.

    I was/am the original Couch Potato when I get home from work. Exercising was not in my lifestyle and does not come easy for me. So when I tell you that if I can do it, you can too, its true.

    So listen to your fiancee, he/she is looking out for your well being and happiness.

    ReplyDelete