Monday, June 28, 2010

06-28-10: It was nice to have such good weather for the weekend. Looks like summer may have finally arrived. I have family visiting with us so the house is filled with kids, grand kids and two dogs, one of which is a Great Dane. Trust me on this one, a Great Dane does not make a very good lap dog. This I know from experience.

Friday, I came to the Wellness Center to work out some. It really is nice that the region provides such a wonderful facility for the community and us as employees to use. I really didn't appreciate it until I started using it. I want to continue to take advantage of it after the 100 Day Challenge is over.

On Sunday, the house was filled with everyone. We had two birthdays to celebrate. It was a little tough. The feast was on at dinner and the food was flowing. All the good stuff if you know what I mean. I kept to my portions and watched what I was eating.

What I found interesting was to watch the others around the table going after seconds and thirds. It made me start to think about how we all seem to eat more than we need to. I tried to use some of the tricks taught to us in our class last Thursday, a smaller plate, watch the proportions and leave the table when done so not to be tempted to go for that little extra.

I will confess however, that small piece of birthday cake, minus the ice cream tasted really good. Guilt took over this morning during workout, so I tried a little harder.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you do continue to use the gym and stuff. I guess we all could be better with the food. Even with family in town I'm really proud of you. It definitely can't be easy. I really like what you said about leaving the table after your plate so you're not tempted. I really should be doing that to cause i always get sucked in to that one extra little thing that i don't need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool thing for you to be able to participate in, both to better yourself and to be an example to those around you. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete