Friday, August 6, 2010

08-06-10: Is it just me or does it seem like this week has been long? Perhaps the days of rain, thunder and lighting has something to do with it. I guess I need more sun to get my Vitamin E up.

I am feeling like my progress this week is stalled out. I don't believe I am losing any weight, although my pants fell down while working in the garage the other day. What a missed opportunity, no neighbors out to get mooned. I guess the upside was I didn't get arrested and booked into jail.

My trainer John is taking a well deserved vacation next week. I am on my own to keep my cardio and weight training going. I am confident that I will be successful.

I wanted to take a minute and give Rob Daniels a bad time. Rob and I usually workout at the Wellness Center in the mornings. He's an animal and doing it on a daily basis, I do three days a week there. I just wanted to thank Rob for his friendship and genuine care and concern for my success in this program.

We have committed that we will do the Mike's Mad Dash. Rob will run, I'll be walking it. Kind of like the "Tortoise and the Hare." It might be fun to watch this old fat guy crossing the finish line clutching my chest. Rob says he will have a can of beer in his hand at the finish line. Rob, if you wants me to walk faster or even run, all you have to do is dangle a banana split in front of my nose. That should do it.

On an unrelated side note for any of you that likes cars. My 74 Cuda won an award at two different small car shows this week. Kind of cool!!! Monday, August 9th is the Lindon City Car Show. That will be a good one to come see.

1 comment:

  1. The week was long. I'll agree with you there. I think it's great your doing a run. Let us know when it is. We'll come cheer you on. Or maybe we can join you.

    ReplyDelete