Monday, August 9, 2010

08-09-10: What does me and Janet Jackson have in common?? I'll tell you a little later.

It has been an interesting week. I was very surprised to find that my scales indicated that I have lost two more pounds bring me to 225. That was surprising because I didn't think that I would. So that was very cool.

Friday while working on the Tread Mill, I bumped up my time at the elevated rate and incline. I had a feeling of accomplishment being able to do that. But no good deed goes unpunished, John told me to hang on because when he returned from vacation, my program will be more difficult. Even though John is kind of a quiet guy, he really enjoys seeing me sweat and snort.

Saturday was a horrible day for eating. Thus Sunday was filled with guilt. So I rode my bike at home for 50 minutes. Then upon the invite of my son, took a 5.3 mile walk up the river trail in Provo Canyon. That was fun to get out and enjoy the beauty of the canyon.

Kate, my wife came with us. She had been diligent in working out with the Wii Biggest Loser program. She has seen good success with this approach and has lost weight and shaped up. I am very proud of her accomplishment. And quite frankly, with her working out as well has been helpful and motivating for me.

Ok, so now to the question what does Janet Jacking and I have in common. Yesterday afternoon I pulled into my driveway and while getting out of my 350Z, a small low riding car, my cargo shorts that I was wearing dropped to my knees. This may not have caused any issues on any other day, but I live across the street from a LDS Chapel and a ward had just finished with their meetings. I had quite an audience. So the answer to the question is that we both experienced a wardrobe malfunction. The end result, pun intended, all of my 40 waist pants are going into storage.

3 comments:

  1. If your going to have a wardrobe malfunction the best kind is to have pants/shorts be too big for you. Congrats on the accomplishment. So proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny Brian! That experience you had just means that you are loosing a lot of weight. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the continued weight loss!! I appreciate your stories of you losing your pants. I love puting away the pants that I cannot fit into because they are too big!

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete