Friday, September 3, 2010

09-03-10: Its been a while since I have last blogged. Missed me??? I spent the last five days in New Mexico attending Homeland Security Training. Several of us here at the hospital have. It was extremely interesting but I hope I never have to use the knowledge here at the hospital.

Being in New Mexico really knocked my routine out of wack. It was hard for me to keep an exercise schedule and stay on track eating correctly since my main source of meals was fast food. I really don't want to get on the scales on Sunday. I know I have put some weight back on. I saw a two pound increase last week. This obviously is troubling to me. So the course of action is re-dedication and working a little harder, right????

I really don't want to believe its September 3rd. The summer is over, its getting darker earlier, the night temperatures are a little cooler, the car show are about over and I really don't like the thoughts of winter approaching. So we enjoy the good weather until then.

I went to the Wellness Center this morning to work out. I was very surprised that I was the only one there for most of the time I was there. I guess the Labor Day Holiday has started early. Funny, I didn't seem to get that memo. After taking most of Fridays off this year to get me PTO hours down, the first one I come back to work, and no one is here. Hummmmmm.

Talking about little successes. This morning I pulled out a shirt that I have not worn in years. It fit pretty good. More motivation to keeping working and reducing.

Well gang, have a happy Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy the end of summer.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you there Brian. I'm excited for fall, but I am not looking forward for winter. Sooo depressing and cold.

    ReplyDelete