Thursday, July 8, 2010

07-08-10: It has been a little over a week since I last made comment on this blog. I never was good at keeping a journal. Too many of work and life's distractions seem to always get in the way.

It was nice to have some time off for the holidays. I could really get used to it quickly. I think its called retirement, someday maybe. The house was filled with family or family events, always plenty of good food. Have you caught on there seems to be a theme, that being food. So since I brought it up again let me just say, it was challenging to stay focused and on target with the diet.

I was faithful in my exercising. In fact, my wife came with me to the Wellness Center on Friday and Monday mornings. And yes, she out did me on the tread mill. But is was fun to spend the time together in doing something that is promoting good health.

In my last posting I mentioned that I went from a size 42 to 40 waist. Yesterday, I tried on a size 38. It's tight and I don't need a belt, but I was able to wear a size 38 jeans yesterday. So for me, that is a short term victory.

I was surprised that I only lost 1/2 pound last week. Keeping things in perspective, I don't know if I hit a plateau in the weight loss process or the holiday feasting was a hindrance. But, at least it didn't go up. I am curious what next Sunday's weigh in will bring.

I am still seeing some progress with my workouts with John. We are still ramping things up a little which is good. Again I do really appreciate all of his help and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment