Wednesday, July 21, 2010

07-28-10: For the two of you who may be reading this blog, you may have been wondering why nothing has been posted since the 12th. Then again, maybe not!!!! Like I may have indicated to you in a previous blog, I had family visiting for the first part of the month which I visited with once I left the hospital. Also this Monday, I had a minor eye surgery and took yesterday off to recuperate.

I was amazed with the ease this procedure seemed to be performed. Ten minutes in the OR and that was it. Recovery went well and I am seeing a heck of a lot better. I want to thank the OR Staff at Orem Community Hospital. They were all wonderful!!!

It has been rough with the diet and exercise this week. I missed the exercising on Monday and Tuesday due to the surgery. I have some restriction from my MD on exercising that I will have to encorporate. But I did meet with John, Personal Trainier, this morning and had what I thought to be a good workout even without the weight training portion. I will start that back up on Friday.

My weigh in Sunday showed me at 229.5 lbs. However, at the weigh in at the OR on Monday my weight showed 233 lbs. Not so sure my clothes weighed three and half pounds. Anyway, I am grateful some pounds are being lost.

People ask me how the program is going. I just want to report, for me great. Something I have needed for a very long time. I was asked by John this morning if I was going to participate in the 5K at AFH later this summer. I really had not considered it before, but my goal will be to at least walk it. I have never particiapted in a 5K or any kind of a K before. Another new opportunity that is opening up to me through the 100 Day Heart Challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Work! Keep it up!

    I am hoping to be ready for the 5k also!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Sounds like you're getting back on track after the surgery. Stay with it.

    ReplyDelete