Wednesday, July 28, 2010

07-28-10: Well I have to do some bragging. I had my scheduled appointment with my primary care physician this morning. The last few previous visits had not been going well. I was put on probation by him at my last visit because my blood sugars were getting worse. He was at the point of changing me from oral medications to insulin, something I am not wanting to do. So here are the results.

From May of this year to today, my A1C has gone from 7.6 to 6.3. He had to check the results twice to make sure the number was actually mine. And his records shows that I have lost 19 lbs from May until today. Needless to say, he was in "shock and ah." On a side note from January 21, 2010 to today's date his records show that I have lost 29 lbs. I was wearing size 44 waist pants in January.

He asked for more information about the 100 Day Heart Challenge and was very impressed with the program and the positive results that are achieved from it.

Some of the other benefits I've noticed is that I sleep through the night without tossing, turning and waking up. I cut the grass last night with out any interruptions or stopping and not being winded.

So even those these things may seem insufficient to you the reader, they are positive indicators that my heath is improving. And that I am proud of.

3 comments:

  1. Brian,
    Those are some pretty amazing stats and improvements! You are doing great and I love that you are sharing your story!! Keep up the good work!! You definately have something to brag about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fischer says, "Yay Grandpa!!" That's awesome! You have every right to brag and you should. This is a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's amazing Brian. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete